What is the best way to move Samba PDC - SMB

This is a discussion on What is the best way to move Samba PDC - SMB ; I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running on Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What ...

  1. What is the best way to move Samba PDC

    I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would
    like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running on
    Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What is the best way to do
    this?
    Can I just move the /etc/samba files to the new server?

    Thanks
    doverbey@optonline.net

  2. Re: What is the best way to move Samba PDC

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:48:08 GMT, "Overbey"
    wrote:

    >I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would
    >like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running on
    >Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What is the best way to do
    >this?
    >Can I just move the /etc/samba files to the new server?
    >
    >Thanks
    >doverbey@optonline.net

    Interesting Q .. There is a lot of info to be found on the Inet
    covering the subject .. I followed it to the letter but I'm still in
    deep doodoo ergo the new server config nicely screws up my roaming
    user profiles and not in the least the admin profile (which for any
    magical reason seems to be read-only all of a sudden) so ifanyone has
    a magic recipe .. :-)

  3. Re: What is the best way to move Samba PDC

    Still no answer -- can some one suggest something or a pointer to
    something????
    Thanks
    doverbey@optonline.net

    "Overbey" wrote in message
    > I have a network, where the PDC is controlled by a SAMBA server. I would
    > like to move the PDC functionality to another server (current PDC running

    on
    > Red Hat 8 - would like to move to Fedora 6). What is the best way to do
    > this?
    > Can I just move the /etc/samba files to the new server?
    >
    > Thanks
    > doverbey@optonline.net

+ Reply to Thread