Getent doesn't show new nt users - SMB

This is a discussion on Getent doesn't show new nt users - SMB ; So I have an issue. I have two linux server authenticating with a window nt domain controller, and have been fore months. One machine has no issues's at all, I can user getent passwd, getent group, wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g, ...

  1. Getent doesn't show new nt users

    So I have an issue. I have two linux server authenticating with a
    window nt domain controller, and have been fore months. One machine
    has no issues's at all, I can user getent passwd, getent group, wbinfo
    -u, wbinfo -g, and everything functions properly.

    Just recently on the second linux machine, any new users I add to the
    nt controller, do not show up under getent passwd, and I can't get new
    users map to any of the shares on that server. However wbinfo -u shows
    the username. So only getent passwd isen't working. This is really
    above my head, and I need help to find a solution.

    The samba version on which everything works is 3.0.0-14.3E ,and the
    samba version I am having the issue with is 3.0.9-1.3E.5 . If worst
    came to worst could I install the version that works on the other
    server? if so how would I do that. This is a cry for help.

    Thank you in advance.
    Nick

  2. Re: Getent doesn't show new nt users

    On May 3, 11:17 am, "N/A" wrote:
    > So I have an issue. I have two linux server authenticating with a
    > window nt domain controller, and have been fore months. One machine
    > has no issues's at all, I can user getent passwd, getent group, wbinfo
    > -u, wbinfo -g, and everything functions properly.
    >
    > Just recently on the second linux machine, any new users I add to the
    > nt controller, do not show up under getent passwd, and I can't get new
    > users map to any of the shares on that server. However wbinfo -u shows
    > the username. So only getent passwd isen't working. This is really
    > above my head, and I need help to find a solution.
    >
    > The samba version on which everything works is 3.0.0-14.3E ,and the
    > samba version I am having the issue with is 3.0.9-1.3E.5 . If worst
    > came to worst could I install the version that works on the other
    > server? if so how would I do that. This is a cry for help.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Nick

    Well I got seemed to find a work around for the issue, and got it to
    work.

    #Stopped the services
    service smb stop
    service winbind stop

    #Removed these files
    rm -rf /etc/samba/secrets.tdb
    rm -rf /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    rm -rf /var/cache/samba/winbind_idmap.tdb

    #Rejoined the domain
    net rpc join -W DOMAIN -Uadministrator%password

    #Restarted the services
    service smb start
    service windbind start

    #All these command were succesful