How to detect whole file overwrite - SMB

This is a discussion on How to detect whole file overwrite - SMB ; It appears that word, excel and other types of office tools always use a temporary file which is the editor scratchpad. During save this file is actually copied to original location. Is there a way to detect this file is ...

  1. How to detect whole file overwrite

    It appears that word, excel and other types of office tools always use
    a temporary file which is the editor scratchpad. During save this file
    is actually copied to original location. Is there a way to detect this
    file is being overwritten instead of a few modification here and there.

  2. Re: How to detect whole file overwrite

    sam_roy wrote:

    > It appears that word, excel and other types of office tools always use
    > a temporary file which is the editor scratchpad. During save this file
    > is actually copied to original location. Is there a way to detect this
    > file is being overwritten instead of a few modification here and there.

    Libtrash and loggedfs (lufs) come to my mind.