I have a share that worked fine in samba 2.2.8a, users were able to read and
write to the share, and edit files. After migrating to 3.0.23a, users are
no longer able to edit existing files.

Samba 2.2.8a config:
[sales]
comment = SALES
path = /home/netshare/sales
read list = @purch, @shipping
write list = @adm, @mgt, @sales, @vag, +hap
force group = +sales
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 00
force directory mode = 01775
vfs object = /usr/local/samba/recycle.so
vfs options = /etc/samba/salesrecycle.conf

Samba 3.0.23a config:
[sales]
comment = SALES
path = /home/netshare/sales
read list = @purch, @shipping
write list = @adm, @mgt, @sales, @vag, +hap
force group = +sales
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 00
force directory mode = 01775
vfs objects = recycle:recycle
recycle:repository = .recycle/%U
recycle:keeptree = Yes
recycle:touch = Yes
recycle:versions = No

the directory the file is in has the following permissions:
drwxrwxr-t 3 tpw sales
the file has:
-rwxrw-r-- 1 tpw sales

I can only edit the file as user tpw. In samba 2.2.8a, anyone in the sales
group could edit the file.

Has something changed with samba? If so, how do I need to configure this
share to allow users in group sales to edit files without letting them
delete them?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux), Linux 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5
11:05:01 up 1 day, 22:15, 4 users, load average: 0.41, 0.34, 0.21