>From the Mandriva machine when I go into smb2k double dlick on one of
the XP machines I get NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED.

I tried the following:
http://pcal.net/blog/archives/2004/1...amba_woes.html
Security Options - Network Access: Sharing and Security for local
accounts

was set to 'Guest Only - local users authenticate as guest'. It needed
to be changed to 'Classic - local users authenticate as themselves.'
It was already done
then in the second part of the article:
User Rights Assignment - Access this computer from the network

Needs to include the user you're trying to login as. This was blank in
my settings.

there is no user rights assignment under secpol.msc

What am I doing wrong? Other than using Windows as well as linux...