Errors making Samba-3.0.23a - SMB

This is a discussion on Errors making Samba-3.0.23a - SMB ; I am trying to compile Samba-3.0.23a. I have installed openldap-3-2-22 and krb5-1.5.1 I have successfully ran configure with the following options: --with-ads --with-ldap --with-krb5=/usr/lib --with-pam --with-winbind. However running make generates the following errors: lib/sendfile.c: In function `sys_sendfile': lib/sendfile.c:188: warning: cast ...

  1. Errors making Samba-3.0.23a

    I am trying to compile Samba-3.0.23a. I have installed openldap-3-2-22 and
    krb5-1.5.1 I have successfully ran configure with the following options:
    --with-ads --with-ldap --with-krb5=/usr/lib --with-pam --with-winbind.
    However running make generates the following errors:

    lib/sendfile.c: In function `sys_sendfile':
    lib/sendfile.c:188: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

    lib/iconv.c: In function `sys_iconv':
    lib/iconv.c:141: warning: passing arg 2 of `libiconv' from incompatible
    pointer type

    auth/pampass.c: In function `smb_setup_pam_conv':
    auth/pampass.c:422: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

    utils/net_ads.c: In function `net_precreate_machine_acct':
    utils/net_ads.c:1069: warning: passing arg 2 of `ads_search_dn' from
    incompatible pointer type

    Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken

    Compiling lib/sendfile.c with -fPIC
    lib/sendfile.c: In function `sys_sendfile':
    lib/sendfile.c:188: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

    lib/iconv.c: In function `sys_iconv':
    lib/iconv.c:141: warning: passing arg 2 of `libiconv' from incompatible
    pointer type

    Linking nsswitch/libnss_wins.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken

    Linking libsmbclient shared library bin/libsmbclient.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling libsmb/smb_share_modes.c with -fPIC
    Linking libsmbsharemodes non-shared library bin/libsmbsharemodes.a
    Linking libsmbsharemodes shared library bin/libsmbsharemodes.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken

    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_audit.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/audit.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_extd_audit.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/extd_audit.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_full_audit.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/full_audit.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_netatalk.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/netatalk.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_fake_perms.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/fake_perms.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_default_quota.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/default_quota.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_readonly.c with -fPIC
    Compiling modules/getdate.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/readonly.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_cap.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/cap.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_expand_msdfs.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/expand_msdfs.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/vfs_shadow_copy.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/shadow_copy.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/CP850.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/CP850.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling modules/CP437.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/CP437.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling auth/auth_script.c with -fPIC
    Building plugin bin/script.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
    Compiling nsswitch/pam_winbind.c with -fPIC
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `converse':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:178: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from
    incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:181: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function
    from incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `_winbind_read_password':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:681: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from
    incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:783: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from
    incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `pam_sm_authenticate':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:885: warning: passing arg 2 of `pam_get_user' from
    incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `pam_sm_acct_mgmt':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:982: warning: passing arg 2 of `pam_get_user' from
    incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `pam_sm_close_session':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:1083: warning: passing arg 2 of `pam_get_user'
    from incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `pam_sm_chauthtok':
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:1164: warning: passing arg 2 of `pam_get_user'
    from incompatible pointer type
    nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:1257: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item'
    from incompatible pointer type
    Compiling iniparser/src/iniparser.c with -fPIC
    Compiling iniparser/src/dictionary.c with -fPIC
    Compiling iniparser/src/strlib.c with -fPIC
    Linking shared library bin/pam_winbind.so
    ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken

    I have searched for suggestions on how to resolve this but have not found any.
    I came across a post on the exact same problem but could not track down
    any followups. I would really appreciate it if someone could offer suggestions
    or direct me as to where I could get some information as to the cause of this
    and how to resolve it.
    Thanks in advance.

    ----------------------------------- 0 ------------------------------------
    Daulton Theodore Carleton University Library _\\ Fax: 613-520-2750
    Systems Department `/_ Net: Daulton_Theodore@carleton.ca

  2. Re: Errors making Samba-3.0.23a

    In article ,
    Daulton Theodore wrote:
    >I am trying to compile Samba-3.0.23a. I have installed openldap-3-2-22 and
    > krb5-1.5.1 I have successfully ran configure with the following options:
    >--with-ads --with-ldap --with-krb5=/usr/lib --with-pam --with-winbind.
    >However running make generates the following errors:

    Note that these are not errors, they are warnings. I often see this sort
    of thing when building programs intended for a variety of systems. Usually
    the programs work fine. Were the executables produced? If so, install them
    and see if they work.

    --
    Tom Schulz
    schulz@adi.com