Samba PDC - Roaming profile not working - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba PDC - Roaming profile not working - SMB ; I setup my SAMBA Server to be a PDC w/o LDAP. I joined my XP workstation to the domain no problem but when it attempts to load the profile it says that the Profile Server will not allow access and ...

  1. Samba PDC - Roaming profile not working

    I setup my SAMBA Server to be a PDC w/o LDAP. I joined my XP workstation
    to the domain no problem but when it attempts to load the profile it
    says that the Profile Server will not allow access and will log the user
    on with local temp profile. I have the profile share setup and
    writeable by @users. I also created a /var/samba/profiles/username
    folder for the user. What is it that I could be doing wrong? After the
    initial logon I haven't been getting the error when relogging on but it
    is not writing anything to the directory after I logoff.

  2. Re: Samba PDC - Roaming profile not working

    Barry Stear wrote:

    > I setup my SAMBA Server to be a PDC w/o LDAP. I joined my XP workstation
    > to the domain no problem but when it attempts to load the profile it
    > says that the Profile Server will not allow access and will log the user
    > on with local temp profile. I have the profile share setup and
    > writeable by @users. I also created a /var/samba/profiles/username
    > folder for the user. What is it that I could be doing wrong? After the
    > initial logon I haven't been getting the error when relogging on but it
    > is not writing anything to the directory after I logoff.

    Nice to see a duplicate of the question you already posted in
    From: Barry Stear
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandrake

    but you didn't answer my reply there, yet.
    You may of course place a followup-to: directive to here.