Samba install...krb5.h not found - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba install...krb5.h not found - SMB ; I am in the process of configuring samba3.0.23a: ../configure --prefix=/PREFIX --with-ldap --with-ads --with-krb5 --with-pam --with winbind The following is a snip of the output. checking whether LDAP support is used... yes checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... auto checking ...

  1. Samba install...krb5.h not found

    I am in the process of configuring samba3.0.23a:
    ../configure --prefix=/PREFIX --with-ldap --with-ads --with-krb5 --with-pam --with winbind

    The following is a snip of the output.

    checking whether LDAP support is used... yes
    checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... auto
    checking for ldap_initialize... yes
    checking for ldap_add_result_entry... yes
    checking for kerberos 5 install path... no krb5-path given
    checking for krb5-config... /usr/local/bin/krb5-config
    checking for working krb5-config... yes
    checking krb5.h usability... no
    checking krb5.h presence... no
    checking for krb5.h... no
    configure: WARNING: Active Directory cannot be supported without krb5.h

    It proceeds to the end but I am concerned about the inability to find krb5.h.
    Kerberos and openldap have been installed. Two krb5.h files exist: one in
    /usr/local/include/krb5 and the other in /usr/local/include.
    I am aimimng to use ADS in a Windows 2003 AD domain. Does anyone have ideas
    as to how to force this to find the file during configure?

  2. Re: Samba install...krb5.h not found

    Daulton Theodore wrote:

    > I am in the process of configuring samba3.0.23a:
    > ./configure --prefix=/PREFIX --with-ldap --with-ads --with-krb5 --with-pam --with winbind

    > The following is a snip of the output.

    > checking whether LDAP support is used... yes
    > checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... auto
    > checking for ldap_initialize... yes
    > checking for ldap_add_result_entry... yes
    > checking for kerberos 5 install path... no krb5-path given
    > checking for krb5-config... /usr/local/bin/krb5-config
    > checking for working krb5-config... yes
    > checking krb5.h usability... no
    > checking krb5.h presence... no
    > checking for krb5.h... no
    > configure: WARNING: Active Directory cannot be supported without krb5.h
    >

    > It proceeds to the end but I am concerned about the inability to find krb5.h.
    > Kerberos and openldap have been installed. Two krb5.h files exist: one in
    > /usr/local/include/krb5 and the other in /usr/local/include.
    > I am aimimng to use ADS in a Windows 2003 AD domain. Does anyone have ideas
    > as to how to force this to find the file during configure?

    Correction: The configure stopped right after the WARNING. It did not proceed
    as I mentioned in my original post.

  3. Exclamation Re: Samba install...krb5.h not found

    Hi,

    Did you manage to get this fixed as I am having the exact same problem....

+ Reply to Thread