Bill Gates to Linux - SMB

This is a discussion on Bill Gates to Linux - SMB ; I have a laptop with win 98se I'd like to format it an start again usin it as a Linux laptop. I want printer an online functions an utilities, wpro spreadsheet etc. eventually. Is this group the right place to ...

  1. Bill Gates to Linux

    I have a laptop with win 98se I'd like to format it an start again usin
    it as a Linux laptop. I want printer an online functions an utilities,
    wpro spreadsheet etc. eventually.

    Is this group the right place to ask this question an start this
    project, if not where is ?

    Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

  2. Re: Bill Gates to Linux

    PhilBoy wrote:
    > I have a laptop with win 98se I'd like to format it an start again usin
    > it as a Linux laptop. I want printer an online functions an utilities,
    > wpro spreadsheet etc. eventually.
    >
    > Is this group the right place to ask this question an start this
    > project, if not where is ?
    >
    > Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

    This newsgroup is for Samba (Windows networking under Unix) problems.
    Your best bet would be to buy the CDs from some mature Linux
    distribution and install them. I use SuSE, your mileage may vary.

    Wpro, spreadsheet? Open Office does it for me. I hope your laptop is
    not memory-challenged.
    The rest is out of the box.

+ Reply to Thread