trouble connecting from solaris 8 (old version of samba) to win2k SP4 server - SMB

This is a discussion on trouble connecting from solaris 8 (old version of samba) to win2k SP4 server - SMB ; hello, when I try to do smbclient -L to a win2k server, I get access denied. This works when connecting to a winXP box. I've tried disabling smb signing on the win2k server but still no luck. is there anything ...

  1. trouble connecting from solaris 8 (old version of samba) to win2k SP4 server

    hello,
    when I try to do smbclient -L to a win2k server, I get access denied.

    This works when connecting to a winXP box.

    I've tried disabling smb signing on the win2k server but still no luck.

    is there anything else I can do to make this connectionw work?

    Thanks,

    Oskar

  2. Re: trouble connecting from solaris 8 (old version of samba) to win2k SP4 server

    pheonix1t@gmail.com enlightened us comp.protocols.smb-(ab)users with:

    > hello,
    > when I try to do smbclient -L to a win2k server, I get access denied.

    Anonymous connections are probably disallowed on the server.
    Try with " -U " and supply the
    appropriate password when asked, or enable guest access.