Using Samba as PDC whats the best way to move it - SMB

This is a discussion on Using Samba as PDC whats the best way to move it - SMB ; I am using Samba as a PDC, and would like to move it from the existing machine to another machine. What is the best way to do this (just move everything in the /etc/samba directory or ....). The existing box ...

  1. Using Samba as PDC whats the best way to move it

    I am using Samba as a PDC, and would like to move it from the existing
    machine to another machine. What is the best way to do this (just move
    everything in the /etc/samba directory or ....).
    The existing box is a Red Hat 8 use samba version 3.0.14a, using tdbsam for
    the passdb backend.

    Thanks
    doverbey@optonline.net

  2. Re: Using Samba as PDC whats the best way to move it

    "Overbey" wrote in message
    >I am using Samba as a PDC, and would like to move it from the existing
    > machine to another machine. What is the best way to do this (just move
    > everything in the /etc/samba directory or ....).

    Yes

    Make sure that the new system (Samba) uses the same directory structure.
    There are variations.

    > The existing box is a Red Hat 8 use samba version 3.0.14a, using tdbsam
    > for
    > the passdb backend.
    >
    > Thanks
    > doverbey@optonline.net