Previously ran Samba 2.2 as PDC with no roaming profiles.
Upgraded to Samba 3 and managed to migrate domain SID. logons, etc
without problem.

Next, discovered net groupmap and tried assigning NT groups to unix
groups, eg:
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Users" unixgroup=staff

Now seemingly at random, users local profiles on the machines get
completely deleted on logout.

I've checked all usual settings, on smb.conf and in the xp registry,
but nothing seems to shed much light. My suspicion is that its the XP
permissions not being sufficient or something. As I said, all worked
perfectly before, local profiles created and maintained on PCs, now
they get deleted at will.

Any help very gratefully received.
Jason