Hello,
I'm attempting to access printer from a Win XP client to a Samba
3.0.14a PDC server. I'm able to see the printers from XP but when I
"double-click" on the printer, I get this odd error message.

"Operation could not be completed. either the printe rname was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the
server. For more information, click Help."

I am able to print from my server box. I am able to send a print job
from smbclient(on the same samba server) to the samba server. I able
to issue the comman "net print [printername]" from the xp box and I'm
able to see the queue. I'm able to mount file shares on the Samba PDC
to the XP client.

I've shut down iptables and added the ip address to my cupsd.conf file,
but no luck.

Now, is the problem that I have to be part of the Samba domain in order
to access the printer? Because I am have not done that just yet. I
hope this is not a bug. Thanks.

Setup
Fedora Core 4
Cups 1.1.23
Samba 3.0.14a

smb.conf (just the printer settings)
[global]
#Printing global settings.
printing = cups
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
show add printer wizard = Yes
use client driver = no

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/cups
browseable = No
public = yes
guest ok = yes
writeable = no
printable = Yes
printer admin = root

[print$]
comment = Printer's Driver Download Area
path = /etc/samba/drivers
guest ok = no
browseable = yes
read only = yes
write list = root

cupsd.conf

Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <- Specific IP for XP client

Jose