SAMBA 3 AND CITRIX METAFRAME - SMB

This is a discussion on SAMBA 3 AND CITRIX METAFRAME - SMB ; HI! I am running samba 3.0.21b on a Linux box as NT Domain Controller. It works great for over 500 users. I also have a Citrix Metaframe XP server on a windows 2000 running terminal services. The Citrix box is ...

  1. SAMBA 3 AND CITRIX METAFRAME

    HI! I am running samba 3.0.21b on a Linux box as NT Domain Controller.

    It works great for over 500 users. I also have a Citrix Metaframe XP
    server on a windows 2000
    running terminal services. The Citrix box is joined to the Samba
    domain.

    Users can logon to the citrix box and profiles are fully loaded, but
    when i open the domain searching for a user from the management
    console i get this error:

    " Could not enumerate the user accounts in this domain. There might be
    communication problems on the network. " (2 times)

    After that the user loaded are not alphabetically ordered.

    >From the Samba server log:

    [2006/02/16 12:42:01, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_data(557)
    write_data: write failure in writing to client 10.10.1.29. Error
    Connection reset by peer
    [2006/02/16 12:42:01, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(765)
    Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)

    It seems the SMB protocol is not fully implemented.

    Any Ideas?

    Cristian

  2. Re: SAMBA 3 AND CITRIX METAFRAME

    On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 04:37:42 -0800, c.manfredini wrote:

    > HI! I am running samba 3.0.21b on a Linux box as NT Domain Controller.
    >
    > It works great for over 500 users. I also have a Citrix Metaframe XP
    > server on a windows 2000
    > running terminal services. The Citrix box is joined to the Samba domain.
    >
    > Users can logon to the citrix box and profiles are fully loaded, but when
    > i open the domain searching for a user from the management console i get
    > this error:
    >
    > " Could not enumerate the user accounts in this domain. There might be
    > communication problems on the network. " (2 times)
    >
    > After that the user loaded are not alphabetically ordered.
    >
    >>From the Samba server log:

    > [2006/02/16 12:42:01, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_data(557)
    > write_data: write failure in writing to client 10.10.1.29. Error
    > Connection reset by peer
    > [2006/02/16 12:42:01, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(765)
    > Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)

    Send in a debug level 10 trace to samba-technical, along with an
    ethereal trace between the Citrix box and the Samba DC - or log a
    bug at bugzilla.samba.org and attach the same info. We're doing a
    lot of work on DC accounts right now so it's possible it's already
    fixed, but we need to see what the error is.

    Jeremy.

+ Reply to Thread