I have a really easy question: I have the following machines here:

o gtv (centos 4.2 with samba 3.0.10,
o milano (XP,
o fs1 (debian 3.1,
o AD server (W2003 server,

I have been able to use the AD server to authenticate accounts in gtv.
Specifically, we have the user mct, whose account in gtv is found at
/home/MYDOMAIN/mct. So, now I would like to export the accounts in
/home/MYDOMAIN through samba. So, after setting up smb.conf,

I use smbclient, while in gtv, to take a quick look-see:

[root@gtv samba]# smbclient -L -U mct
Domain=[MYDOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.2]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (gtv (Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.2))
ADMIN$ IPC IPC Service (gtv (Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.2))
mct Disk Home Directories
Domain=[MYDOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.2]

Server Comment
--------- -------
GTV gtv (Samba 3.0.10-1.4E.2)

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
[root@gtv samba]#

But, I cannot get to gtv from fs1 to do smbclient:

raub@fs1:~$ smbclient -L -U mct
Error connecting to (No route to host)
Connection to failed

and yet I have no problems ssh'ing to it:

raub@fs1:~$ ssh
raub@'s password:
Last login: Tue Jan 10 11:01:38 2006 from
[raub@gtv ~]$ who
raub pts/1 Jan 10 10:20 (
raub :0 Jan 9 15:43
raub pts/2 Jan 9 15:45 (:0.0)
raub pts/3 Jan 10 11:01 (
raub pts/4 Jan 10 11:05 (
[raub@gtv ~]$ logout
Connection to closed.

A similar problem is happening in milano, whose not only has a
contiguous IP but also is physically in the same switch (both gtv and
milano are on my desk. fs1 is on the other room):

C:\tmp>net use \\\mct /user:MYDOMAIN/mct
The user context supplied is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3775.

So, I can smbmount if I am in gtv,

[raub@gtv ~]$ smbmount // ./moose -o username=mct
[raub@gtv ~]$ df -h
35G 6.2G 27G 20% /
/dev/hda1 99M 13M 82M 13% /boot
none 62M 0 62M 0% /dev/shm
// 35G 7.9G 27G 24% /home/raub/moose
[raub@gtv ~]$

but not from fs1,

raub@fs1:~$ mkdir bob
raub@fs1:~$ smbmount // ./bob -o username=mct
Error connecting to (No route to host)
23770: Connection to failed
SMB connection failed

How come I do not have a route to gtv as far as smb is concerned?

Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)