Help with Linux to Windows filesharing using samba - SMB

This is a discussion on Help with Linux to Windows filesharing using samba - SMB ; I have two machines, a laptop with mandriva 10.1 with samba installed and configures and a windows xp machine. I can see my laptop when viewing my workgroup and i can click on it and see the shares on it. ...

  1. Help with Linux to Windows filesharing using samba

    I have two machines, a laptop with mandriva 10.1 with samba installed
    and configures and a windows xp machine.
    I can see my laptop when viewing my workgroup and i can click on it and
    see the shares on it. However when i click to open a share it will do
    two things either as for a use name and pass or tell me I don't have
    the permisions to open it. I have users set up to what i believe to be
    correct, here an exerpt from smb.conf for the share in question:

    [MUSIC]
    path = /home/black_majik/Media/Music
    public = yes
    guest ok = yes
    write list = black_majik
    case sensitive = no

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Help with Linux to Windows filesharing using samba

    I figured it out right after I posted it was just a permission issue I
    didn't see.

    Sorry for wasting space

+ Reply to Thread