System error 1808 has occured. - SMB

This is a discussion on System error 1808 has occured. - SMB ; I have three solaris systems that have been running for over six months without any problems. This morning, one of the clients refuses to allow connections. System1 is a Solaris 7 system with a Samba 2.2 server, supplying authentication to ...

  1. System error 1808 has occured.

    I have three solaris systems that have been running for over six
    months without any problems. This morning, one of the clients
    refuses to allow connections.

    System1 is a Solaris 7 system with a Samba 2.2 server, supplying
    authentication to the other two. System2 and System3 are identically
    configured Solaris 9 Samba 3.0.20 file servers. System3 simply
    works like always. System2 doesn't.
    y:\ net use r: \\system2\username /PERSISTANT:NO
    System error 1808 has occured.

    The account used is a computer account. Use your global
    user account or local user account to access this server.
    On the System2 we see the following.

    [2005/12/27 11:11:54, 0] ../smbd/server.cpen_sockets_smbd(389)
    open_sockets_smbd: accept: Software caused connection abort
    [2005/12/27 11:11:54, 0]
    .../rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(360)
    cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
    [2005/12/27 11:11:54, 0]
    .../auth/auth_domain.c:connect_to_domain_password_server(11 8)
    connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the NETLOGON
    credentials to machine SERVER1. Error was :
    NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT.
    [2005/12/27 11:11:55, 0]
    .../rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(360)
    cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
    [2005/12/27 11:11:55, 0]
    .../auth/auth_domain.c:connect_to_domain_password_server(11 8)
    connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the NETLOGON
    credentials to machine SERVER1. Error was :
    NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT.
    [2005/12/27 11:11:55, 0]
    .../rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(360)
    cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
    [2005/12/27 11:11:55, 0]
    .../auth/auth_domain.c:connect_to_domain_password_server(11 8)
    connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the NETLOGON
    credentials to machine SERVER1. Error was :
    NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT.
    [2005/12/27 11:11:55, 0]
    .../auth/auth_domain.c:domain_client_validate(170)
    domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available.
    Connections to System3 simply work....

    /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd is an empty file. Authentication
    on the servers is via pam / smb to server1. Normal ssh logins work,
    implying that authentication is working.

    Unix password synch is set to NO.

    I am running out of ideas to try and have not found any documentation
    related to system error 1808.

    Linolil

  2. Re: System error 1808 has occured.

    I found the problem.

    Buried in the log files on server1, the authentication server,
    I found;

    [2005/12/28 07:34:09, 0] ../rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:get_md4pw(176)
    get_md4pw: Workstation SERVER2$: no account in domain

    Checking further, I found that the entry for server2 had been deleted
    from server1:/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.

    I re-added server2 to domain on server1:# smbpasswd -a -m server2

    I rejoined the domain from server2:# net rpc join -Uroot%PASSWORD

    Everything again works!

    Question: Would it be proper to refer to server1 as the PDC?

    Linolil

+ Reply to Thread