I want to mount the user accounts share from a windows 2003 server to a
centos 4.2 laptop. So, as root, I do smbmount as follows (user mct has
full administrative rights for MYDOMAIN):

root@gtv home]# smbmount //w2k3server.domain.com/home /home/MYDOMAIN -o
username=mct
Password:
[root@gtv home]# logout

when I check MYDOMAIN, the ownerships of all directories (I did check)
and files have been set to be root's:

-bash-3.00$ ls -l /home/MYDOMAIN
total 140
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Oct 9 22:37 bob
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Oct 8 19:49 elvis
[...]
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4096 Dec 13 13:39 mct
-bash-3.00$

as opposite to something like this:

drwx------ 16 ICHPDOMAIN\mct ICHPDOMAIN\Domain Users 4096 Dec 8 10:57 mct

What could have caused it and how to preserve the ownership values (I do
not want to go on a tangent and talk about the authentication part of
the equation right now) next time I try to mount /home?

--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)