I used to manage some Linux Samba servers as the domain controllers of my
own domain, but have had to bring those Samba servers into an Active
Directory managed environment and decommission their LDAP and domain
management functionality. I plan to swith them to "security = server" and
pointing them at the local Active Directory server for authentication, but
my test Linux file server set up this way does not show up in the local
browse lists.

Do I need to register them in the new domain for any reason? And do I need
to do anything special to get them to show up in the Network Neighborhood,
or do anything else interesting?