Samba 3.0.21rc2 Available for Download - SMB

  1. Samba 3.0.21rc2 Available for Download

    I need a good quote. Anyone got one?
    -- Gerald Carter
    Release Announcements
    =====================

    This is a release candidate of the 3.0.21 code base and is
    provided for testing purposes only. While this snapshot
    is *not* intended for production servers, we do believe that
    this will become the 3.0.21 final release. Your testing
    and feedback is greatly appreciated. If all goes well, you
    should see the final 3.0.21 release within 2 weeks.

    Common bugs fixed in 3.0.21 include:

    ~ o Missing groups in a user's token when logging in via kerberos
    ~ o Incompatibilities with newer MS Windows hotfixes and
    ~ embedded OS platforms
    ~ o Portability and crash bugs.
    ~ o Performance issues in winbindd.

    New features introduced in Samba 3.0.21 include:

    ~ o Complete NTLMv2 support by consolidating authentication
    ~ mechanism used at the CIFS and RPC layers.
    ~ o The capability to manage Unix services using the Win32
    ~ Service Control API.
    ~ o The capability to view external Unix log files via the
    ~ Microsoft Event Viewer.
    ~ o New libmsrpc share library for application developers.
    ~ o Rewrite of CIFS oplock implementation.
    ~ o Performance Counter external daemon.
    ~ o Winbindd auto-detection query methods when communicating with
    ~ a domain controller.

    ================
    Download Details
    ================

    The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
    using GnuPG (ID 157BC95E). The source code can be downloaded
    from:

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/rc/

    The release notes (WHATSNEW-3-0-21rc2.txt) are available
    in the same download directory as the source distribution.

    Binary packages are available at

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

    Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
    (https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

    --Enjoy
    The Samba Team

  2. Re: Samba 3.0.21rc2 Available for Download

    In article ,
    Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

    >================================================== ============
    > I need a good quote. Anyone got one?
    > -- Gerald Carter
    >================================================== ============
    >Release Announcements
    >=====================
    >
    >This is a release candidate of the 3.0.21 code base and is
    >provided for testing purposes only. While this snapshot
    >is *not* intended for production servers, we do believe that
    >this will become the 3.0.21 final release. Your testing
    >and feedback is greatly appreciated. If all goes well, you
    >should see the final 3.0.21 release within 2 weeks.

    Has anyone successfully built this on Solaris? I have submitted the
    following bug report, but I was wondering if it is just me having a problem.

    Trying to build 3.0.21rc2 or rc1 on Solaris 8. I have tried Sun's
    Forte Developer 7 C 5.4, Sun's WorkShop Compilers 4.2 c 4.2, and
    gcc 2.95.3 compilers. Samba builds ok with just a few warnings. I can
    start it and both the nmbd and smbd daemons start and stay running. When
    I try to access the share from a windows 2000 machine, I get a box with the
    following error:

    \\Angler is not accessible
    The specified network name is no longer available.

    If I revert to 3.0.20b, windows can access the share with no problems.
    The log file shows nothing but a server startup message (with the correct
    Samba version number).

    --
    Tom Schulz
    schulz@adi.com