SCO Open Server? - SMB

This is a discussion on SCO Open Server? - SMB ; I'm looking to set up Samba on a server running SCO Open Server 5.0.5. I was looking for a binary, as I don't want to build it. But I cannot see any reference to SCO on the Samba website. What ...

  1. SCO Open Server?

    I'm looking to set up Samba on a server running SCO Open Server 5.0.5. I
    was looking for a binary, as I don't want to build it. But I cannot see any
    reference to SCO on the Samba website. What gives? Are there no binary
    distributions for SCO any more?

    --
    Remove numeral in e-mail address to send e-mails.
    www.marshallarts.com.au

  2. Re: SCO Open Server?

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:29:53 +0800,
    Steve Marshall , in
    <1133343801.972765@quartz.westnet.net.au> wrote:

    >+ I'm looking to set up Samba on a server running SCO Open Server 5.0.5. I
    >+ was looking for a binary, as I don't want to build it. But I
    >+ cannot see any reference to SCO on the Samba website. What gives?

    SCOX v. IBM?

    http://sco.tuxrocks.com/

    Insert "Novell", "Autozone", or "DaimlerChrysler" for IBM.

    Or you can cherish Darl McBride's pithy quotes:

    http://www.groklaw.net/quotes/showperson.phtml?pid=1

    But here's the issue, in a nutshell:

    Q: Is there anyway to get a real Linux version from your perspective
    without violating SCO IP?

    Based on the understandings we have right now, we don't see how.--
    Darl McBride, 2003-05-16

    >+ Are there no binary distributions for SCO any more?

    I certainly hope not. I would recommend you begin thinking about a
    migration to a more viable platform.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.