I am trying to put samba and want to configure it as pdc. I have set up
the users and when I try to use smbclient -L SUSE -U% I can see the
following
Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
share Disk Samba Server 2.2.5-UL
print$ Disk Printer Drivers
netlogon Disk Windows Home Directories
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (Samba 2.2.5-UL)
ADMIN$ Disk IPC Service (Samba 2.2.5-UL)
submuk Disk Home Directories

Server Comment
--------- -------
SUSE Samba 2.2.5-UL

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
TUX-NET SUSE
I want to login to the system. I am also putting my smb.conf which
looks like
[global]
workgroup = TUX-NET
comment = Samba Server %v
netbios name = SUSE
os level = 65
time server = yes
unix extensions = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
log level = 1
syslog = 0
printing = CUPS
printcap name = CUPS
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
wins support = yes
veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
domain logons = yes
domain master = YES
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast host
bind interfaces only = true
interfaces = eth0 lo
debug level = 1
security = domain
logon drive = X:
logon home=\\%L\share\%U
logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u"
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passdb backend = smbpasswd
password server = *
map to guest = Bad User
passwd chat = *New*Password* %n\n*Re-enter*New*Password %n\n
*Password*Changed*
max log size = 50
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
pam password change = YES
[share]
path = /share
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
valid users = %S
browseable = no
writeable = yes
create mask = 0640
directory mask = 0750
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
printable = yes
create mask = 0600
browseable = no
[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
write list = @ntadmin root
force group = ntadmin
create mask = 0664
directory mask = 0775
[netlogon]
comment = Windows Home Directories
path = /share/%U
guest ok = yes
valid users = %G
read only = no
I dont know how to check if the users are able to login to the system.
Only one time could I actually login and the prompt went to smb. Since
then I couldnt get it back. Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Subrato