SAMBA problem - SMB

This is a discussion on SAMBA problem - SMB ; Hi guys, I have configured the SAMBA server as -I think- it should be done. After starting the linux (suse 10) it works fine, I can access the shared directory. For a while... After some time it breaks down and ...

  1. SAMBA problem

    Hi guys,

    I have configured the SAMBA server as -I think- it should be done.
    After starting the linux (suse 10) it works fine, I can access the
    shared directory. For a while... After some time it breaks down and
    then refuses all attempted connections. On Win2K I got a message
    "semaphore timeout period has expired".

    What the hell is wrong?

    Help me please!

    Thx,

  2. Re: SAMBA problem

    On 10 Nov 2005 06:02:40 -0800,
    borondics@gmail.com , in
    <1131629395.617960.296060@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com> wrote:

    >+ I have configured the SAMBA server as -I think- it should be done.
    >+ After starting the linux (suse 10) it works fine, I can access the
    >+ shared directory. For a while... After some time it breaks down and
    >+ then refuses all attempted connections. On Win2K I got a message
    >+ "semaphore timeout period has expired".
    >+
    >+ What the hell is wrong?

    Dunno. You might want to toss your error message into google and see
    what pops back...lots of hits, but nothing obvious.

    Then I'd go troll thru the samba logs to look for additional
    clues. They should exist in /var/log/, or your samba config file
    should mention their location, or you can just do a 'locate smbd.log'
    or 'locate nmbd.log' to determine the location.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.