I get these repeated errors from my windows server but cannot
understand why. I am running samba on fedora 4 boxes and my servers run
on windows 2000. Whenever someone attempts to manually access a shared
volume on a linux box and use the right credentials we never experience
the 1326 error. I included the samba config file below and more details
of both errors from event viewer.
Does anyone have a clue why both errors occur like dozens of times
daily?

Error messages on the Windows servers:

(87) The parameter is incorrect.

or

(1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

smb.conf file:

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]