NT Status Error on Samba - SMB

This is a discussion on NT Status Error on Samba - SMB ; Iv'e configured Samba on RHEL3 and when I try to test the setup I receive the following error: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE My workgroup is MYGROUP and I just want to be able to log into the server via my regular Linux acct. ...

  1. NT Status Error on Samba

    Iv'e configured Samba on RHEL3 and when I try to test the setup
    I receive the following error:

    NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

    My workgroup is MYGROUP and I just want to be able to log into the
    server via my regular Linux acct. There's only one share and its mine
    but I cannot get into it.

    Any ideas?

    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Re: NT Status Error on Samba

    Gargamel wrote:
    > My workgroup is MYGROUP and I just want to be able to log into the
    > server via my regular Linux acct. There's only one share and its mine
    > but I cannot get into it.

    Have you added your password with

    smbpasswd -a yourusername

    Mogens
    Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
    Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

  3. Re: NT Status Error on Samba

    thank you

    Mogens Kjaer wrote:
    > Gargamel wrote:
    >
    >> My workgroup is MYGROUP and I just want to be able to log into the
    >> server via my regular Linux acct. There's only one share and its mine
    >> but I cannot get into it.

    > Have you added your password with
    >
    > smbpasswd -a yourusername
    >
    > Mogens