connecting with different user names from xp - SMB

This is a discussion on connecting with different user names from xp - SMB ; Hi there, I do have a config problem here. Following environment: 1 Samba share transfer with 770 rights 3 Samba shares individual with 700 rights Now I want to mount from XP transfer to each XP client and one user ...

  1. connecting with different user names from xp

    Hi there,

    I do have a config problem here.

    Following environment:
    1 Samba share transfer with 770 rights
    3 Samba shares individual with 700 rights

    Now I want to mount from XP transfer to each XP client and one user share.
    The transfer does have a different user login than the individuals.

    XP says: you can not connect with a different user name to the same server!

    So I tried to connect with the same user name as the individual user has the 770
    rights to access the share, but xp will not connect as the password is wrong.

    Any ideas what I am doing wrong her?

    Thanx for any hint,

    Merlin

  2. Re: connecting with different user names from xp

    Merlin wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I do have a config problem here.
    >
    > Following environment:
    > 1 Samba share transfer with 770 rights
    > 3 Samba shares individual with 700 rights
    >
    > Now I want to mount from XP transfer to each XP client and one user share.
    > The transfer does have a different user login than the individuals.
    >
    > XP says: you can not connect with a different user name to the same
    > server!

    Common practice is to fool the foolish windows by using another alias for
    the samba server, or its IP address.

    *to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**React ivate*MS*software.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

+ Reply to Thread