    ?? Why do the home directories on the server show up as
    PRINTERS??? Minimal smb.conf only.

  2. Re: Wierd problem with Samba 3

    On 2005-04-13, Barnacle Bill wrote:
    > ?? Why do the home directories on the server show up as
    > PRINTERS??? Minimal smb.conf only.

    Ooops... Win98 clients. Sorry.

  3. Re: Wierd problem with Samba 3

    On 4/12/2005 10:13 PM, I believe that Barnacle Bill wrote:
    > ?? Why do the home directories on the server show up as
    > PRINTERS??? Minimal smb.conf only.

    What version of Samba 3?
    What do you mean by "Minimal smb.conf only?"

    Did you verify your smb.conf with testparm?

    HTH,
    Tim

  4. Re: Wierd problem with Samba 3

    On 2005-04-13, tim wunder wrote:
    > On 4/12/2005 10:13 PM, I believe that Barnacle Bill wrote:
    >> ?? Why do the home directories on the server show up as
    >> PRINTERS??? Minimal smb.conf only.

    > What version of Samba 3?

    3.0.12 I think. (I'm not at the office right now.)

    > What do you mean by "Minimal smb.conf only?"

    The one that came with the source code, with most lines
    commented out. I just wanted the home directories and server
    string on.

    > Did you verify your smb.conf with testparm?

    Yes. That's a lesson I learned the hard way...

    > HTH,
    > Tim

    Thanks. I'm gonna keep banging away at it, though I think I
    will go to the latest version of 2.x until I can get up
    to speed on 3.x. I've always had good luck with Samba and
    plan to stay with it. It has been a solid performer for me (I
    run a small shop, 20 users or so).

    Barnacle Bill

  5. Re: Wierd problem with Samba 3

    Barnacle Bill wrote:

    > ?? Why do the home directories on the server show up as
    > PRINTERS??? Minimal smb.conf only.

    Then try "printable = no"
    *to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**React ivate*MS*software.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

+ Reply to Thread