Hi,

I have installed Samba 3 on a Sun/Solaris 8. User "odu" is known to
both Solaris and Samba, and also the username I use on both a W'95 and
a W2K machine.

When accessing a share from the '95 machine, logged on as "odu", it
prompts for a password and then shows the shares. "Smbclient -L
localhost" on the Solaris box also prompts for a password and then
shows the shares.

On my W2K machine, however, it pops up with "Incorrect password or
username for: ..." and prompts for a username and password. Whatever I
type in, it won't show the shares.

Putting "nobody = *" in users.map is the only way I can get to the
shares from the W2K machine.

Help?

TIA,

Oscar.