I have an existing Samba 2.2.8 server running on an old SuSE 8.1
installation. It has a couple of shares, one called "OMF Transport". In
spite of being 13 characters long, it shows up on all our network clients
just fine (2k/XP all show long share names, but we have a couple of
straggling Win98 boxes).

Setting up a new server, which is running Samba 3.0.10 currently. Setting
up a share name of exactly the same name, it does NOT show up for Win98
clients - Or, for Mac OSX clients.

The configs between the two servers are simple and nearly identical, but one
works and one doesn't. I'm wondering what changed between v2.x and v3.x
that is causing this, or if there is a way to fix it? Another thing I
notice is that on a Mac OSX system, the server name of the v3 server shows
up in all caps, whereas my v2.2 server's name shows upper/lower as it is
typed.