Novell & SMB together = major lag - SMB

This is a discussion on Novell & SMB together = major lag - SMB ; Does anyone else have a solution for MS networking and Novell client installed on a client machine, and the lag is major... every time one goes to print or map a drive, it stalls for up to a minute. Seems ...

  1. Novell & SMB together = major lag

    Does anyone else have a solution for MS networking and Novell client
    installed on a client machine, and the lag is major... every time one
    goes to print or map a drive, it stalls for up to a minute.

    Seems to be a bug between Novell & MS networking... any fix?

    samba-2.2.7a-1 (although not server related)
    Novell client 4.9sp1a
    Windows XP sp2

    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080120.htm
    http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080741.htm

    Although I can't get a fix to work.

    Thanks!
    syzygyus AT yah00.com

  2. Re: Novell & SMB together = major lag

    "Syzygy" wrote in message
    > Does anyone else have a solution for MS networking and Novell client
    > installed on a client machine, and the lag is major... every time one
    > goes to print or map a drive, it stalls for up to a minute.
    >
    > Seems to be a bug between Novell & MS networking... any fix?
    >
    > samba-2.2.7a-1 (although not server related)
    > Novell client 4.9sp1a
    > Windows XP sp2
    >
    > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080120.htm
    > http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080741.htm
    >
    > Although I can't get a fix to work.

    Win2000/XP are really dependant on DNS. If your DNS is broke, it can cause
    delays in just about anything you do on Windows that has to do with the
    network.

  3. Re: Novell & SMB together = major lag

    DNS is not the problem, has to do with multiple protocols all queried
    with a poorly written mup.sys and other parts. See articles
    mentioned... yet no fix...

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:11:34 -0600, "m.marien" RiverCityCanada [DOT] com> wrote:

    >"Syzygy" wrote in message
    >> Does anyone else have a solution for MS networking and Novell client
    >> installed on a client machine, and the lag is major... every time one
    >> goes to print or map a drive, it stalls for up to a minute.
    >>
    >> Seems to be a bug between Novell & MS networking... any fix?
    >>
    >> samba-2.2.7a-1 (although not server related)
    >> Novell client 4.9sp1a
    >> Windows XP sp2
    >>
    >> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080120.htm
    >> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/se...?/10080741.htm
    >>
    >> Although I can't get a fix to work.
    >>

    >Win2000/XP are really dependant on DNS. If your DNS is broke, it can cause
    >delays in just about anything you do on Windows that has to do with the
    >network.

+ Reply to Thread