HELP: compiling Samba on Solaris 9 - SMB

This is a discussion on HELP: compiling Samba on Solaris 9 - SMB ; Help..... Is there an FAQ specific to Solaris for compiling samba? I.e. what other libraries are required, etc.... I am getting these errors in my config.log but I am unsure as to what they mean and where to go with ...

  1. HELP: compiling Samba on Solaris 9

    Help.....

    Is there an FAQ specific to Solaris for compiling samba?
    I.e. what other libraries are required, etc....

    I am getting these errors in my config.log but I am unsure as to what
    they mean and where to go with them. TIA.

    jeff

    root@ahtinc # grep fatal config.log

    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: library -lnsl_s: not found
    ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: library -linet: not found
    ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: library -lexc: not found
    ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: library -lsecurity: not found
[...]
    ld: fatal: library -lattr: not found
    ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: library -llber: not found
    ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
    ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

  2. Re: HELP: compiling Samba on Solaris 9

    http://www.kempston.net/solaris/samba.html

    I used the same direction for my samba for solaris 9.
    I added swat too.

    samba 3.0.10 samba 3.0.11 didnt workout for me either.

    sunfreeware.com have the samba with the other 4 files. You will need
    those files as well.

    Joe

  3. Re: HELP: compiling Samba on Solaris 9

    Thanks Joe, I'll give it a try and see how it turns out/

    On 15 Mar 2005 07:07:19 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

    >http://www.kempston.net/solaris/samba.html
    >
    >I used the same direction for my samba for solaris 9.
    >I added swat too.
    >
    >samba 3.0.10 samba 3.0.11 didnt workout for me either.
    >
    >sunfreeware.com have the samba with the other 4 files. You will need
    >those files as well.
    >
    >Joe

+ Reply to Thread