Samba 3.0.12pre1 Available for Download - SMB

  1. Samba 3.0.12pre1 Available for Download

    This is a preview release of the Samba 3.0.12 code base and
    is provided for testing only. This release is *not* intended
    for production servers. However, there have been several bug
    fixes and new features added since 3.0.11 that we feel are
    important to make available to the Samba community for wider
    testing.

    Common bugs fixed in 3.0.12pre1 include:

    ~ o Winbind failures when using 'disable netbios = yes'
    ~ o Failure to establish a trust relationship via 'net rpc
    ~ trust establish'
    ~ o Various portability & compiler issues.
    ~ o Read only file deletion failure caused by new delete
    ~ semantics in Windows XP SP2 and the MS 04-044 security
    ~ hotfix.

    Additional features introduced in Samba 3.0.12pre1:

    ~ o Performance enhancements when serving directories
    ~ containing large number of files.
    ~ o MS-DFS support added to smbclient.
    ~ o More performance improvements when using Samba/OpenLDAP
    ~ based DC's via the 'ldapsam:trusted=yes' option.

    Large Directory Support
    - -----------------------

    Samba 3.0.12pre1 introduces a specific mechanism for dealing
    with file services that frequently contain a large number of
    files per directory. Historically Samba's performance has
    suffered in such environments due to the translation from case
    insensitive lookups by Windows client to the case sensitive
    storage mechanisms used by UNIX filesystems.

    Configuration details along with a short HOWTO can be found at:

    http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/HOWTO...irectory-HOWTO

    Download Details
    - ----------------

    The uncompressed tarball and patch file have been signed
    using GnuPG (ID F17F9772). The source code and release notes
    can be downloaded from:

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/pre/

    Binary packages are available at

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

    Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
    (https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

    --Enjoy
    The Samba Team

    - --
    Alleviating the pain of Windows(tm) ------- http://www.samba.org
    GnuPG Key ----- http://www.plainjoe.org/gpg_public.asc
    "I never saved anything for the swim back." Ethan Hawk in Gattaca

  2. Re: Samba 3.0.12pre1 Available for Download

    > This is a preview release of the Samba 3.0.12 code base and
    > is provided for testing only. This release is *not* intended
    > for production servers. However, there have been several bug
    > fixes and new features added since 3.0.11 that we feel are
    > important to make available to the Samba community for wider
    > testing.

    > Additional features introduced in Samba 3.0.12pre1:

    > ~ o MS-DFS support added to smbclient.

    YYYYESSSSS!!!

    --
    damjan

  3. Re: Samba 3.0.12pre1 Available for Download

    > Additional features introduced in Samba 3.0.12pre1:
    > ~ o MS-DFS support added to smbclient.

    BTW does anyone know if/when we could have this functionality in the CIFS
    driver in the Linux kernel?

    --
    damjan

  4. Re: Samba 3.0.12pre1 Available for Download

+ Reply to Thread