Support for MS-DFS in Linux clients? - SMB

This is a discussion on Support for MS-DFS in Linux clients? - SMB ; I've succesfully setup my Samba (3.0.10) to support MS-DFS [global] ... host msdfs = yes [share] ... msdfs root = yes and I have a 'msdfs:10.10.10.101\Music', in the [share] directory. It works when accessed from Windows clients (all are windows ...

  1. Support for MS-DFS in Linux clients?

    I've succesfully setup my Samba (3.0.10) to support MS-DFS
    [global]
    host msdfs = yes
    [share]
    msdfs root = yes
    and I have a 'msdfs:10.10.10.101\Music', in the [share] directory.

    It works when accessed from Windows clients (all are windows XP, I don't
    care for older).

    But how can I access ms-dfs links from a Linux client?

    I've tried the smbfs and cifs filesystems from the Linux kernel-2.6.10, and
    the smbclient and konqueror (uses libsmbclient) apps, but they don't work.
    smbfs and cifs show the link as I would see them in Linux, but can't chdir
    into it:
    root# ls /mnt/bigshare/ -l
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 2005-02-11 16:02 SomeMusic ->
    msdfs:10.10.10.101\Music

    smbclient shows the link as a directory but can't chdir to it either, same
    for Konqueror.

    Is ms-dfs supported in any Linux client?

    --
    damjan

  2. Re: Support for MS-DFS in Linux clients?

+ Reply to Thread