Changing SMB ports on a windows box - SMB

This is a discussion on Changing SMB ports on a windows box - SMB ; How does one go about changing the ports SMB uses for a windows box (client side)? Is it even possible? I'd like to be able to map a drive from a windows box to my linux box at home, which ...

  1. Changing SMB ports on a windows box

    How does one go about changing the ports SMB uses for a windows box (client
    side)? Is it even possible? I'd like to be able to map a drive from a
    windows box to my linux box at home, which is running samba, but, or course,
    my ISP blocks those ports. Can't seem to find much out there, has anyone
    played with this before?

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. Re: Changing SMB ports on a windows box

    BT wrote:
    > How does one go about changing the ports SMB uses for a windows box (client
    > side)? Is it even possible?

    Nope, what you want is a VPN solution.

    -- Rex

+ Reply to Thread