Hello,

my old system was a self compiled samba ver 2.2.12 which act as
"security = user" on debian 3.0
This system crashed because of some filesystem problem. But I saved
every impotend samba files, like the common shares ($HOME was not
affected), the secrets.tdb, smb.conf, smbpasswd and so on.
After installtion of a new system I used samba 2.2.12 from backports.org
instead compile my own.

But I had 2 problems:
1.)
I could not logon as domain user. I solved this problem by adding
"profile acls = yes" This didn't work for the only NT 4.0 workstation,
so I had to re-add the workstation to the domain.
2.)
The netlogon script is not executed. I searched dejanews, but I couldn't
find any solution.
Part of smb.conf, which was not modified since the old system crashed:
[global]
domain logons = Yes
logon script = logon.bat
logon path = \\%N\%U\.profile.%a
logon drive = Z:

[netlogon]
path = /var/samba/netlogon
invalid users = root
force user = nobody
force group = win-computer
browseable = No
read only = yes
guest ok = yes

Permission of /var/samba/netlogon
user@host:/etc/samba$ ls -la /var/samba/netlogon/
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody win-comp 4096 Jan 10 22:12 .
drwxr-xr-x 15 root root 4096 Dec 16 15:36 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 2 nobody win-comp 891 Jan 19 2004 logon.bat
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody win-comp 149 Mar 3 2002 logon.bat_old
-rwxr-xr-x 2 nobody win-comp 891 Jan 19 2004 netlogon.bat
user@host:/etc/samba$

I can execute this script after I logged on.

Can anyone give me a hint? I'am out of ideas...
Thank you for your efforts!
--

h.wulff
[dont send me an email]