SAMBA 3.0.9; WINDOWS 2003; PERMISSION DENIED ON MOUNTED SHARE - SMB

This is a discussion on SAMBA 3.0.9; WINDOWS 2003; PERMISSION DENIED ON MOUNTED SHARE - SMB ; I am trying to mount a share on a windows 2003 server. I am running Fedora Core 2 using samba client 3.0.9. I have a Windows 2003 active directory domain. I can mount the share ok to a directory call ...

  1. SAMBA 3.0.9; WINDOWS 2003; PERMISSION DENIED ON MOUNTED SHARE

    I am trying to mount a share on a windows 2003 server. I am running
    Fedora Core 2 using samba client 3.0.9. I have a Windows 2003 active
    directory domain.

    I can mount the share ok to a directory call /test but I cannot "ls"
    the mount point.

    I get the following:

    ls /test
    ls: /test: Permission denied

    The permission on the /test directory are skewed to:

    ?--------- ? ? ? ? ? test

    I can use SMBCLIENT //server/share -U username and view everything from
    the smb> prompt. I can upload and download files just fine too.
    Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

  2. Re: SAMBA 3.0.9; WINDOWS 2003; PERMISSION DENIED ON MOUNTED SHARE

    I am experiencing the exact same issue. Further, we have tried several
    times using mount.cifs, and that always returns a logon failure from
    the server. Also, I can not seem to use the credentials= option to
    mount.cifs.

    As the OP said, simple browsing, getting and putting with smbclient
    works fine. Why can we not *mount* these shares?

    Matt

    jamese2004@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am trying to mount a share on a windows 2003 server. I am running
    > Fedora Core 2 using samba client 3.0.9. I have a Windows 2003 active
    > directory domain.
    >
    > I can mount the share ok to a directory call /test but I cannot "ls"
    > the mount point.
    >
    > I get the following:
    >
    > ls /test
    > ls: /test: Permission denied
    >
    > The permission on the /test directory are skewed to:

    > I can use SMBCLIENT //server/share -U username and view everything

    from
    > the smb> prompt. I can upload and download files just fine too.
    > Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread