I have a fairly recent debian sarge installation
(samba_3.0.7-1_i386.deb; kernel_2.6.8-1-686) I use as server.
As such it works fine.

Recently I tried to mount a cuple of shares from XP machines (SP1) and
they fail miserably.

Actually the mount is ok, I can breowse the directories, but any file
access fails with "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remotre file ...".
Needless to say I can access those same files from other XP machines.

I can obviously work around the problem failing get from Linux doing a
put from xp instead, but it bothers me a lot.

I have no domain here (still using workgroup); global paramters are
mostly at default values.

Can someone help me, please??

TiA
ZioNemo