Command to unjoin domain - SMB

This is a discussion on Command to unjoin domain - SMB ; Hi Can someone please tell me the command to unjoin domain? I remember using a command to basically undo "net join -U .....". I can't remember what it is any more. Thank you....

  1. Command to unjoin domain

    Hi
    Can someone please tell me the command to unjoin domain?
    I remember using a command to basically undo "net join -U .....".
    I can't remember what it is any more.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Command to unjoin domain

    "Soojin Kim" wrote in message
    news:988022a0.0410130103.7aba8c4b@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi
    > Can someone please tell me the command to unjoin domain?
    > I remember using a command to basically undo "net join -U .....".
    > I can't remember what it is any more.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Joining a domain just creates an account for the computer on the PDC or in
    the AD. Just delete the account. The computer will start acting like it's a
    peer member of a workgroup. If the PDC is Samba there will be a unix/linux
    account and a samba account. They have a $ appended to the name.

+ Reply to Thread