Hello,

I have successfully installed a samba serve and added it to our
existing win2003 domain. We use samba to facilitate user
authentication for Squid. In smb.conf we have set 'password server =
*'. In /etc/krb5.conf I have set this:

mydomain.local = {
kdc = DC1.mydomain.local
}

The problem is that when DC1 is down for maintenance, authentication
fails because authentication is done agains DC1. Is there a way to let
samba look for other DC's on the network and authenticate against
those? Or can I provide samba with a list of DC's somewhere?

We have about 50 DC's in our network and it's kind of stupid our setup
fails if just one DC is down...

Kind regards,
Jan