.pst files on a Samba share - SMB

This is a discussion on .pst files on a Samba share - SMB ; Can anyone explain to me how to set up a Samba share to store all of my data from MS Outlook, and then how to configure outlook to use that share for the storage and access of it's information (.pst ...

  1. .pst files on a Samba share

    Can anyone explain to me how to set up a Samba share to store all of
    my data from MS Outlook, and then how to configure outlook to use that
    share for the storage and access of it's information (.pst files). I
    want a consistent inbox, calendar, contacts, etc. whether I access
    outlook from my laptop or my desktop.

  2. Re: .pst files on a Samba share

    In article <7d011ff8.0409230832.2a2b7835@posting.google.com>,
    Charles Kendricks wrote:
    >Can anyone explain to me how to set up a Samba share to store all of
    >my data from MS Outlook, and then how to configure outlook to use that
    >share for the storage and access of it's information (.pst files). I
    >want a consistent inbox, calendar, contacts, etc. whether I access
    >outlook from my laptop or my desktop.

    I believe Microsoft still says don't put a PST file on a server.
    Since they sell Exchange Server, it's not a disinterested point of
    view.

    --
    Al Dykes
    -----------

  3. Re: .pst files on a Samba share

    Charles Kendricks wrote:
    > Can anyone explain to me how to set up a Samba share to store all of
    > my data from MS Outlook, and then how to configure outlook to use that
    > share for the storage and access of it's information (.pst files). I
    > want a consistent inbox, calendar, contacts, etc. whether I access
    > outlook from my laptop or my desktop.

    1. Set up outlook with a local .pst file
    2. Close outlook, move the .pst to a network share.
    3. Start outlook; it complains about a missing .pst file,
    and opens a browser. Point at the network share where
    you moved the .pst file.

    Outlook will remember where you've moved the .pst file
    next time.

    Mogens

    Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
    Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

+ Reply to Thread