WIN XP in domain samba server as a member domain - SMB

This is a discussion on WIN XP in domain samba server as a member domain - SMB ; I am using WINXP in a domain environment. There is a separate server running SCO and Samba is configured as a member server. The Samba version is pre 3.0. I believe that it is 2.28 or 2.8, fairly recent version ...

  1. WIN XP in domain samba server as a member domain

    I am using WINXP in a domain environment. There is a separate server
    running SCO and Samba is configured as a member server. The Samba
    version is pre 3.0. I believe that it is 2.28 or 2.8, fairly recent
    version that was shipped with SCO 5.0.7 release. Anyway, the users
    can share the folders, but cannot print. The printer is browseable,
    but when I attempt to print I get a print error. If the pc is not in
    a domain it appears to print, however, I am unable to confirm because
    I am not physically onsite. Any Ideas?

  2. Re: WIN XP in domain samba server as a member domain

    UnixUser wrote:

    > I am using WINXP in a domain environment. There is a separate server
    > running SCO and Samba is configured as a member server. The Samba
    > version is pre 3.0. I believe that it is 2.28 or 2.8, fairly recent
    > version that was shipped with SCO 5.0.7 release. Anyway, the users
    > can share the folders, but cannot print. The printer is browseable,
    > but when I attempt to print I get a print error. If the pc is not in
    > a domain it appears to print, however, I am unable to confirm because
    > I am not physically onsite. Any Ideas?

    Since the domain users probably have no local accounts on the samba, it's
    important to configure "guest ok" for the printer share and make t he
    spooler path world read/writable with unix perms. Anything more guesswork
    would require you posting your smb.conf, and part of a "log level = 3"
    logfile when printing was attempted.
    *to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**React ivate*your*MS*software.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

+ Reply to Thread