Problems accessing from smclient to XP client - SMB

This is a discussion on Problems accessing from smclient to XP client - SMB ; Hi all, i've a problem trying to access with smbclient -U user //IP address on a XP client. it give me the follow error apollo:~# smbclient -U username //ipaddress Password: Domain=[username] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager] tree connect failed: ...

  1. Problems accessing from smclient to XP client

    Hi all,

    i've a problem trying to access with smbclient -U user //IP address on a XP
    client.

    it give me the follow error

    apollo:~# smbclient -U username //ipaddress
    Password:
    Domain=[username] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
    tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
    apollo:~#

    what it means ???

    the un and passwd are correctly typed.
    the client reply at ping...

    many thanks
    davide

  2. Re: Problems accessing from smclient to XP client

    -------- Message original --------

    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've a problem trying to access with smbclient -U user //IP address on a XP

    try this smbclient //server_name/share -U user

    --
    Pascal Legrand
    *IUT de Chartres* - _Service Informatique_

+ Reply to Thread