Hmmm, no I don't think this is our problem... thanks for your response

This option is not selected in the printer properties. The problem
seems to have something to do with resolving the name of the printer.
But I'm not sure and have been unable to prove or disprove this theory.

Anyone else got any idea's? I'd be interested to see if Dave found a
solution... did you Dave?!

Mikegw wrote:

> > > Perhaps, incorrect but the voices in my head tell me this might

> We
> > > had problems with our xp clients printing directly to a dedicated
> > > printserver. It turned out that the bidirectional printing in

the xp
> > > printer port settings was selected, we deselected and all went

> > you mean the setting in the BIOS ?
> >

> No,
> In xp on the printer setup you can select the port (be it tcp/ip or

usb etc)