I've been trying to create a backup of my xp-pro laptop using samba (2.2.8
on freebsd 4.4). I can mount the laptop's drive just fine and see all the
directories, but all the directories on the mounted share appear empty (at
least when I perform an ls -la command). This might be the first time I've
attempted to mount an XP shared resource (I honestly can't recall), and
didn't have this problem when I did this with my Win2k laptop. Is this a
common problem and what you some good advice be to fix this problem. I see
the latest verison of samba is 2.2.11, should I upgrade my port? Will I have
to recompile my kernel? Will that wipe out my /etc/smb.conf file? Ugh...

Thanks,
Jeff.