change password on two servers - SMB

This is a discussion on change password on two servers - SMB ; Hello , in first sorry for my poor english I wanted to know in which measure it was possible for a user to change his password on several servers from Windows 2000 I explain: the toto user authenticates on serveur1 ...

  1. change password on two servers

    Hello ,
    in first sorry for my poor english

    I wanted to know in which measure it was possible for a user to change his password on several
    servers from Windows 2000 I explain:
    the toto user authenticates on serveur1 domaine1 (his machine, Windows 2000 is thus integrated in
    domaine1.)
    but this user has access to resources situated on serveur2
    How can he modify his password on serveur2 from his machine, which by default proposes him as only
    choice of connection only serveur1.
    All this with the version 3.0.2 of samba
    thank you and good day

    --
    Pascal Legrand
    *IUT de Chartres* - _Service Informatique_

  2. Re: change password on two servers

    Pascal Legrand wrote:
    > Hello ,
    > in first sorry for my poor english
    >
    > I wanted to know in which measure it was possible for a user to change
    > his password on several servers from Windows 2000 I explain:
    > the toto user authenticates on serveur1 domaine1 (his machine, Windows
    > 2000 is thus integrated in domaine1.)
    > but this user has access to resources situated on serveur2
    > How can he modify his password on serveur2 from his machine, which by
    > default proposes him as only choice of connection only serveur1.
    > All this with the version 3.0.2 of samba
    > thank you and good day

    You can use a web interface for changing the password.

    It requires a CGI script that is run as root (dangerous),
    and ssh access without password for root from server1 to server2
    (even more dangerous).

    We run this as a perl script that calls /usr/bin/smbpasswd,
    /usr/sbin/usermod, and /usr/sbin/chage locally and remote.

    Mogens

    Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
    Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

+ Reply to Thread