I've got a customer who needs ADS in Samba 3. I've gotten 3.0.6 to
build cleanly using the AIX vac C compiler without ADS but am having
trouble with the ADS support. I've got ldap.h on board at
/usr/ldap/include/ldap.h courtesy of the IBM Directory Clent SDK:

ldap.client.adt 5.1.0.0 COMMITTED IBM Directory Client SDK

But configure dose not see it. Here's the tail of the output of

../configure --sysconfdir=/etc -prefix /opt/freeware --with-ldap
--with-ads

../configure[22652]: A: not found
checking whether to use smbwrapper... no
checking whether to use AFS clear-text auth... no
checking whether to use AFS fake-kaserver... no
checking whether to use AFS fake-kaserver... no
../configure[22935]: ==: unknown test operator
checking whether to use DFS clear-text auth... no
checking for LDAP support... yes
checking ldap.h usability... no
checking ldap.h presence... no
checking for ldap.h... no
checking lber.h usability... no
checking lber.h presence... no
checking for lber.h... no
configure: error: ldap.h is needed for LDAP support

Any clues?

I also noted a 3.0.4 version with ADS on the Bull download site but
see dire warnings about it being a test version. Any info on that?

Regards,
Chuck