file appears on client but not server - SMB

This is a discussion on file appears on client but not server - SMB ; Hello, I am running rh 9 on both client and server. When I use samba to view the share there is an extra file that I don't see during a normal login to the server via ssh. The file in ...

  1. file appears on client but not server

    Hello,

    I am running rh 9 on both client and server.
    When I use samba to view the share there is an extra file that I don't
    see during a normal login to the server via ssh.

    The file in question has a strange name... XCLIE~_J.0
    it is owned by root, and here are the contents...
    #!/bin/bash
    # (c) 2001 Red Hat, Inc.

    exec /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2

    Thanks for any tips.

  2. Re: file appears on client but not server

    zak_071 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running rh 9 on both client and server.
    > When I use samba to view the share there is an extra file that I don't
    > see during a normal login to the server via ssh.

    Try

    ls -laF

    when you log in via ssh. It might be a hidden file (with a dot in
    front): .Xclients

    Mogens

    Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
    Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

  3. Re: file appears on client but not server

    Mogens Kjaer wrote in message news:<41219C36.50800@crc.dk>...
    > zak_071 wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am running rh 9 on both client and server.
    > > When I use samba to view the share there is an extra file that I don't
    > > see during a normal login to the server via ssh.

    > Try
    >
    > ls -laF
    >
    > when you log in via ssh. It might be a hidden file (with a dot in
    > front): .Xclients
    >
    > Mogens

    No. It isn't hidden.

+ Reply to Thread