cannot access samba from Windows account - SMB

This is a discussion on cannot access samba from Windows account - SMB ; Hi all, I have a little problem with my samba server: The samba server is on the domain A. The users are on an active directory domain (domain B). When they are connected on the domain B, they cannot access ...

  1. cannot access samba from Windows account

    Hi all,

    I have a little problem with my samba server:

    The samba server is on the domain A. The users are on an active directory
    domain (domain B). When they are connected on the domain B, they cannot
    access to the samba server.
    The trust relationship exists between the two domains.
    Can someone help me or give me links
    thanks in advance

  2. Re: cannot access samba from Windows account

    "Jorland Jean-Baptiste" wrote in message
    news:410f5d2e$0$323$4d4eb98e@read.news.fr.uu.net.. .
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a little problem with my samba server:
    >
    > The samba server is on the domain A. The users are on an active directory
    > domain (domain B). When they are connected on the domain B, they cannot
    > access to the samba server.
    > The trust relationship exists between the two domains.
    > Can someone help me or give me links
    > thanks in advance

    I think the users still need unix user accounts on the Samba server even
    though there is a trust between domains.

+ Reply to Thread