Identical SID's - how to fix - SMB

This is a discussion on Identical SID's - how to fix - SMB ; I am running Samba 3.02a from fedora Core 1 and have a problem that seems to be related to having 3 machines built from the same image (Identical hardware). I saw somewhere that this was a no-no which is kind ...

  1. Identical SID's - how to fix

    I am running Samba 3.02a from fedora Core 1 and have
    a problem that seems to be related to having 3 machines
    built from the same image (Identical hardware).

    I saw somewhere that this was a no-no which is kind
    of obvious as machines joining a domain must be
    different when it comes to the SID.

    Any pointers to fix this problem? Regenerate SID
    on Win2000.

    Tony

  2. Re: Identical SID's - how to fix

    You should find what you need here:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/newsid.shtml

    Guillaume

    "Tony" a écrit dans le message de
    newsan.2004.05.24.00.07.30.811000@no_spam.invalid...

    > I am running Samba 3.02a from fedora Core 1 and have
    > a problem that seems to be related to having 3 machines
    > built from the same image (Identical hardware).
    >
    > I saw somewhere that this was a no-no which is kind
    > of obvious as machines joining a domain must be
    > different when it comes to the SID.
    >
    > Any pointers to fix this problem? Regenerate SID
    > on Win2000.
    >

    > Tony

  3. Re: Identical SID's - how to fix

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 11:24:11 +0200, Guillaume Anfroy wrote:

    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/newsid.shtml

    Thank you for that, seems to be what I need...

    Regards

    Tony

+ Reply to Thread