samba 3.0.4 forces sysconfdir to be /usr/lib/smb.conf - SMB

This is a discussion on samba 3.0.4 forces sysconfdir to be /usr/lib/smb.conf - SMB ; Hi, all I've happily upgraded samba 3.0.2a to 3.0.4 on all my servers when I found out that for some reason smbd,nmbd now searches for config file in /usr/lib/, even though I specified sysconfdir as I always do this is ...

  1. samba 3.0.4 forces sysconfdir to be /usr/lib/smb.conf

    Hi, all
    I've happily upgraded samba 3.0.2a to 3.0.4 on all my servers when I found
    out that for some reason smbd,nmbd now searches for config file in
    /usr/lib/, even though I specified sysconfdir as I always do
    this is my configure option
    ../configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/samba --libdir=/etc/samba \
    --localstatedir=/var/log/samba --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-smbmount
    --with-quotas \
    --with-automount --with-acl-support --enable-cups

    I was trying to manually change path of configdir to /etc/samba/smb.conf,
    but I am not skilled enough to figure it out what and where to change. I
    compared many different parameters and files from 3.0.2a to 3.0.4, but no
    luck. Running strings on smbd cleary shows hard coded path to be
    /usr/lib/smb.conf

    for now I've made link to /usr/lib/smb.conf to /etc/samba/smb.conf

    I think that it is a bug, that sysconfdir variable gets left out somewhere.
    Can anyone suggest where to look to correct this

    Regards

    --
    Noerr De Dykul

  2. Re: samba 3.0.4 forces sysconfdir to be /usr/lib/smb.conf

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:07:24 +0200
    Noerr wrote:

    > Hi, all
    > I've happily upgraded samba 3.0.2a to 3.0.4 on all my servers when I found
    > out that for some reason smbd,nmbd now searches for config file in
    > /usr/lib/, even though I specified sysconfdir as I always do
    > this is my configure option
    > ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/samba --libdir=/etc/samba \
    > --localstatedir=/var/log/samba --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-smbmount
    > --with-quotas \
    > --with-automount --with-acl-support --enable-cups
    >
    > I was trying to manually change path of configdir to /etc/samba/smb.conf,
    > but I am not skilled enough to figure it out what and where to change. I
    > compared many different parameters and files from 3.0.2a to 3.0.4, but no
    > luck. Running strings on smbd cleary shows hard coded path to be
    > /usr/lib/smb.conf
    >
    > for now I've made link to /usr/lib/smb.conf to /etc/samba/smb.conf

    Try to use the parameter -s, which defines the configfile to use

    Chris

  3. Re: samba 3.0.4 forces sysconfdir to be /usr/lib/smb.conf

    > Hi, all
    > I've happily upgraded samba 3.0.2a to 3.0.4 on all my servers when I found
    > out that for some reason smbd,nmbd now searches for config file in
    > /usr/lib/, even though I specified sysconfdir as I always do
    > this is my configure option
    > ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/samba --libdir=/etc/samba \
    > --localstatedir=/var/log/samba --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-smbmount
    > --with-quotas \
    > --with-automount --with-acl-support --enable-cups

    > I was trying to manually change path of configdir to /etc/samba/smb.conf,
    > but I am not skilled enough to figure it out what and where to change. I

    I always review source/Makefile after running config.

    DaveN.

+ Reply to Thread